Saturday 17 December 2011

Secret Church

I played frisbee with a friend this week. He told me of his attempted visit to a local church the previous Sunday night. I say 'attempted' because he was the only one there.

He waited around for a while, not sure what was going on, or that maybe the start time had changed. But after standing alone outside the building for about half an hour, he gave up.

It turned out the church had decided to take a week off and go to a Carols event. But they didn't say anything! As my friend told me "They have a website. They have a sign. Surely they can let people know."

It's a real shame, because i'm sure my friend would have loved nothing more than to go to a carols night. But for some reason we often keep things a secret from the general public. It's almost as if we want to keep them away from church!

Reminds me of my experience from Christmas '09.

No comments: