Friday 25 June 2010

Shane Outside The Box

An awesome person has lent me a great book, Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. In the intro he describes how doesn't fit into a box.
My activist friends call me conservative. My religious friends call me liberal. What i often get branded is 'radical'

The boxes that exist (not just in America) were well articulated in a letter Shane received from a young man:
I am alone, surrounded by unbelieving activists and inactive believers. Where are the true Christians?

Fortunately, according to Shane there is a movement of ordinary radicals - ordinary people choosing to live in radical new ways.
There is a movement bubbling up that goes beyond cynicism and celebrates a new way of living, a generation that stops complaining about the church it sees and becomes the church it dreams of. And this little revolution is irresistible. It is a contagious revolution that dances, laughs and loves.

No comments: